Do you feel like you’ve already learned much of what’s available on dog behavior and training? Do you hunger for a more in depth, detailed knowledge of the science of behavior? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then Smart Dog courses are a great match for you!
Deepen your understanding of dog behavior and learn how to apply that new knowledge directly to working with dogs. Our webinars and in depth multi week courses bring you the latest in dog behavior science. By taking courses at Smart Dog, you will:
- Stay current with the most up-to-date research
- Learn how to apply scientific research to your day to day interactions with dogs
- Go beyond basic learning theory – learn the science of aggression, anxiety, stress, social cognition, social behavior and more!
- Discover new material that isn’t currently well known in the field
- Receive training on how to find, read and interpret scientific research
Courses will consist of online lectures, online discussions, homework and applied activities. This structure will help students process and apply the course content to improve their skills when working with dogs.
- Multi-week courses (through the Association of Professional Dog Trainers)
- Learning Theory 101: An Introduction to How Animals Learn
- Learning Theory 201: Advanced Learning Theory – Starts July 10th
- Research Bites – Monthly webinar – stay up-to-date on the most recent research in dog training and behavior! Coming Soon!
- Stress and Its Impact on Behavior – This will be the first multi-week course offered by Smart Dog. Coming in early 2020!
- The basics of stress – what is it? How does it impact the body?
- The impacts of stress on aggression, anxiety, learning and memory
- Factors that influence an animal’s resilience or vulnerability to stress
- Stress and shelter dogs