Are you interested in animal behavior? Would you like to learn more about dog training and behavior? Maybe you’re even considering a career in the field?
Interns will accompany me to private sessions with dog training and behavior clients in Saratoga County. They will have the opportunity to observe history taking, evaluation and treatment of a variety of behavior problems in dogs (e.g. aggression, anxiety, general unruliness, etc.), as well as basic training. Interns will also be responsible for assisting with training and behavior modification in a variety of ways.
As interns progress in their understanding of dog behavior and their skill at working with the dogs, they will be able to work directly with the dogs more often. In addition, there is the possibility of paid positions in the future, depending on the performance of the intern and the needs of the company. The position will require 5 – 10 hours a week. Experience working with animals is NOT necessary, though preference may be given to those with experience. This is an unpaid position.
- Have access to a car so you can transport yourself around Saratoga County
- Professional and reliable
- Comfortable around a variety of dogs
- Interest in pursuing a career in animal behavior or in learning more about dog behavior and training
- Coursework in Psychology or Biology, courses in Learning or Animal Behavior strongly preferred
- Availability during at least one of the following time periods:
- Mondays from 1:30 to 8 pm
- Tuesdays from 12 pm to 8 pm
- Thursdays from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Fridays from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm
We do not have any openings at this time. If you are interested in the position, please send a resume and a cover letter explaining what you hope to gain from the position, why you believe you’d be a good candidate and your availability to email@example.com.